Friday 21 December 2012

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I had to read this for my first year of A level English Literature; it was the first ever book I read by one of the Bronte sisters. I absolutely LOVED it. It was one of those prose for me, that kept making me want to read more and more and more to see where the development of Jane's relationship with Rochester would end up and follow the unimaginable journey of Jane herself. After reading the book, I traveled seventy two miles south of where I live to York where the Bronte sisters were born and raised, and visited the Bronte parsonage which made me realize how authentic the Bronte's books were. The settings of Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre I imagined to be exactly like the location the Bronte's were brought up in; high in the moors with beautiful scenery and countryside.




~Alisha

No comments: