Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Girl Of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson


I really enjoyed reading this. It was a nice treat for me reading something outside of my usual preferred genres so when I read this historical/fantasy/dystopian based fiction, I was completely taken with the land, the characters and the culture of the time period and the people. The whole setting is described in all it's richness which makes the imagery so captivating and visually vivid.

Call me crazy but it reminds me of an exotic Arabian/middle eastern version of the third Hunger Games book, Mockingjay in the ways which we follow the protagonist develop into a leading figure of inspiration and power.


It was an adventure following Elisa grow up and mature into a young woman. We are introduced to the unconfident, naive little girl who we watch develop into a strong and independent-thinking young woman. It's a coming of age experience.

No comments: