Thursday 9 May 2013

April and Oliver by Tess Callahan


Rating: 5*

This book is fantastic, I don't understand how the overall rating isn't higher than what it is. It definitely stands out among all of the other books I've read this year. It was so refreshing, cathartic and purgative to read and the ending left me with the highest hopes ever. I also felt very strongly about the characters and certain subjects in the book, particularly the physical abuse which I could identify with. The characters in this book are the type that stay with you and the story was realistically written so much so that it seems like a personal memory of people I know rather than it just being a fiction novel. This summary is a mess so I'm definitely gonna take some of my working time up this week to write a full on review (vent my frustrations, admiration's with the authors writing; that kinda thing). I just need to get more people to read this book; it's good! ;)

Forgot to say, the writing it beee-yoooo-tiiii-fulll! I also learnt a lot of new words which my kindle wiki came in handy for.

No comments: