Tuesday 18 June 2013

Thoughtless (Thoughtless #1) by S.C. Stephens

Rating: 4.75*
Five stars solely based on the fact that this book was written with so much emotion that I felt it and cried so much in the hospital and airport extracts that I was sick. Yes , I hurled but in my defense, it was also due to the fact that I was feeling particularly panicky about my college exam deadlines and I hadn't eaten at all.

I don't know why I held off from reading this book for so long; I think because it was not what I expected. Instead, it was so much better. I'm satisfied with it, almost to the point where I don't even feel a need to read the second and third book; as the first suffices as a single book just nicely; but curiosity always gets the better of me so I know i'll end up reading them some time soon.

Kellan cries too much but I'll let it pass since he is so lovely. I can hardly judge his character since he is such a scarred and emotionally damaged guy but damn, he really is a softie under all that rock star persona and those striking looks.

Another think I need to comment on is the fact that these characters were flawed and believable. They were realistic portrayed. One of the aspects I value most highly within an authors writing is the way they write their characters. They need to stand out but at the same time be realistic, and I believe S.C Stephens achieved this.

5* for an addictive read

No comments: